LCI-trained lay counselors participate in many formal and informal pastoral settings. The following is a list of churches with lay counseling ministries and utilizing LCI-trained and equipped lay counselors.
- Bethany Community Church– Laurel, MD
- Broadneck Evangelical Presbyterian– Arnold, MD
- Forge Road Bible Chapel– Baltimore, MD
- Grace Community Church– Fulton, MD
- Mid-Atlantic Community Church– Crofton, MD
- Severna Park Evangelical Presbyterian– Pasadena, MD
- South Potomac Church– Waldorf, MD
- Alexandria Presbyterian Church– Alexandria, VA
- Arcola United Methodist Church- Dulles, VA
- Broadlands Community Church– Ashburn, VA
- Fairfax Community Church– Fairfax, VA
- Floris United Methodist Church– Herndon, VA
- Gateway Community Church, South Riding, VA
- McLean Presbyterian Church- McLean, VA
- New Hope Church- Lorton, VA
- Open Door Presbyterian Church– Herndon, VA
- Reston Bible Church- Sterling, VA
Interested in starting a lay counseling ministry at your church? Contact us to learn more.
"LCI was instrumental in my becoming a lay counselor. From the one-day session through the 6 and 10-week follow up trainings, this program equips those seeking to serve in this capacity. LCI stresses the importance of telling our own story and addressing the issues in our lives to better prepare us to "walk beside others" as clients invite us into their stories. With Christ as a model, we learn the LCI methodology, our role as counselors, and the ultimate goal of lay counseling. If anyone is considering lay counseling as a ministry, I highly recommend LCI as a valuable, informative, and potentially life-changing avenue toward serving others."