Resources for Lay Counselors
Browse recommended reading, educational christian counseling programs, blogs and other resources for lay counselors and christian leaders. These additional resources can help you as you grow as a lay counselor, as well as can be helpful reading for clients.
- Allender, Dan. The Wounded Heart. 2008.
- Allender, Dan and Longman, Tremper. Bold Love. 1992.
- Cloud, Henry. Changes that Heal. 2003
- Cloud, Henry & John Townsend. Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life. 1992
- Crabb, Larry and Allender, Dan. Encouragement: The Key to Caring. 1990.
- Crabb, Larry. Understanding People. 1987.
- Crabb, Larry. Shattered Dreams. 2002.
- DeMuth, Mary. Thin Places: A Memoir. 2010
- DeMuth, Mary. Not Marked: Finding Hope and Healing after Sexual Abuse. 2014
- Lucado, Max. God Will Use This for Good: Surviving the Mess of Life. 2013
- Smith, Paul Bryan. Embracing the Love of God. 1995
- Tripp, Paul and Tim Lane. Relationships: A Mess Worth Making. 2006.
- Tripp, Paul. Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change. 2002.
- Yalom, Irvin. Love’s Executioner and Other Tales of Psychotherapy. 2000.
Educational Christian Counseling Programs:
- The Christian Counseling and Education Foundation (CCEF). www.ccef.org
- The American Association of Christian Counseling (AACC). www.aacc.net
"My church and I are deeply indebted to Dr. Bill Clark and the work of LCI. Hurting people have found hope, marriages have been restored, and leaders have been given tools to help people discover the life Jesus offers to… More